Sunday, November 10, 2013

From a Butcher Block to a Sign

I have a friend that is renovating her living and dining room into a beachy retreat.  I am living through her transformation.  Loving the color choices, the planked walls, the white mantel.  If I'm not renovating myself, I'm a barnacle on my poor friends who are.  :)

Well, I offered to make her a sign to go with her new look.  And of course I like to use found objects, or re-use ones from another purpose.  I had a small butcher block table top that fit the bill.  Add a few shells, and you've got yourself a little something.


I like the idea of using the thick, heavy top.  Perhaps my demented view of driftwood.  My friend gave me the quote and off to the races I went.


The quote was found on Pinterest and it fit exactly with how she feels about the beach.


I wanted a border and felt some waves were in order.


A beachy sign is not beachy unless it is distressed and weathered.


Tabletops are a great place to add some signage.  Get out there and reclaim today.


Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love it. You sign is amazing. What a fabulous project. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Exactly how I feel about the beach. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a smart idea for an old tabletop! I love the size. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Nice information. I’ve bookmarked your site, and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account to get updates instantly. Tally ERP 9 Crack

    ReplyDelete