Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Meet Blondie, the dresser

Meet Blondie.


Blondie had enough of the years showing and decided it was time for a tune up.


Now she is proud to show up to the weekly ham and bean dinner at the local Elks club.  She shows off her newly painted hardware to anyone who will listen.


Blondie had a lot going for her, with 11 drawers, an enclosed jewelry keeper, and wheels to make moving much easier.  She just needed a little refreshing.  After sanding it down, I added a very diluted paint to the drawers and top, then wiped them off, creating a "blonde" look to the wood.


I would have loved to use all the hardware, but there was some missing and replacements were no where to be found.  So I decided to make some rope pulls for the bottom drawers, adding some beachy quality to my Blondie.


She is for sale at Robin's Egg in Milford, NH if you have room for her in your home.



Thanks for reading,
Debbie


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job revamping Blondie! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the makeover i would love to feature it, if that would be ok please let me know,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how that turned out!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found this on Better After (I was the other two-toned) lol. LOVE the white one - I'm definitely trying that combo next! Thanks for sharing.
    Shelly @100Things2Do

    ReplyDelete